Monday, August 24, 2015

Monday, August 24

Projects: We are continuing to conduct research for our  synthetic materials reports. Students are looking at cost benefits/risks to certain materials, as well as environmental advantages/disadvantages for materials to use in building a stadium.

8th Reading: Flocabulary Monday! We watched, listend to and talked about the week's current events and used reading strategies to make more meaning out of them. We also read an article about the Jamestown colony.

7th Reading:  Flocabulary Monday! We watched, listend to and talked about the week's current events and used reading strategies to make more meaning out of them. We also read an article about the Jamestown colony.

Writing: Students introduced their mini me creations and explained why they were decorated the way they were. It was a great way to get an insight into each student. I then allowed them each one question to me about me. It was fun and I had to divulge some embarrassing moments (well, at least one, anyway). One student asked me what one of my childhood personal stories was. Ask about it and we'll see if they can remember.

Homework:
Flocabulary packet due Thursday 8/27
Read for 20 if finished with packet and no other reading homework is assigned this week

**I am still in need of auction items like candy, treats, gift cards (small, like $5), etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment