Monday, October 12, 2015

Monday, Octoer 12, 2015

I can't believe it's the end of the first quarter! I am absolutely loving this class. The year is flying by and I'm not sure I like it.

Projects: Today students went from station to station conducting various experiments that demonstrated chemical reactions. It was so much fun! I don't think we managed to blow anything up, much to the disappoint of many. :)

8th Grade Reading: Today students took a test on story elements and applied a couple of them to Ghost Hawk. We will watch "The Week in Rap" later in the week. They were not happy that we skipped it today, so I will make it up to them.

7th Grade Reading: Test on story elements and how they apply to Blood on the River.  This will be a test grade and will be the final grade of the quarter. We will watch Flocabulary later in the week.

Writing: Final drafts of argumentative essays are due on Thursday, so students are hard at it. I have conferenced with all of them multiple times, but we will continue them right through final drafts. It's important that the students understand each step of the writing process and how to make changes along the way. They are doing a great job!

Homework: 20 minutes of reading each night

**I am planning an auction for Thursday! All items are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment