Monday, August 15, 2016

Monday, August 15, 2016

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

What a wonderful day we had together! I have a class full of sweet, smart, kind children. I am thrilled that I get to spend a whole year with them.

Please don't forget Back To School Night this Thursday, August 18th at 5:30. We will start in the lunchroom and then go to my classroom from there. Please bring all completed paperwork to me that night.

This week in school we are:

Projects: Learning about structures and processes of cells. This week we will frontload information by looking at websites, reading passages and watching short videos.

7th Grade Reading: Students will work on Reading to Self every day and building reading stamina. We will start reading about the Antebellum Era Tuesday and look at some poetry on Wednesday.

Writing: Students will write short samples for me and we will make bookets that cover the 6 traits of writing for us to keep in our folders all year. We write, write and write some more in my class and I will provide them with as many tools to make them successful as I possibly can think of.

8th Grade Reading: Love having these guys and gals back this year! We will start reading about early civilizations and preagrarian societies through reading. We will also start poetry this Wednesday. As always, students must have a book that they are excited to read in class every day so they can Read to Self and build that stamina.

Homework:
7th and 8th Grade Reading--20 minutes of reading every night (This will not be their homework every night. There will be many times that students come home with Flocabulary homeowrk or have IXL practice in lieu of reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment